Advanced eDiscovery Search in Office 365 to Carve Evidences
Carrying out eDiscovery search in Office 365 is not easy because it demands a complete integrated strategy that starts from a definite and robust excavatory search and ends in the courtroom in the form of a presentable evidence.
To download Office 365, the users are required to have a valid and registered Microsoft Account. This comes in collaboration with SkyDrive and Office 2013 Upload center. Being one of the most common web – based platform that provides humongous suitable features to techies, the need of forensic investigation of Office 365 emails often arises. The mailboxes of corporate personnels contain thousands of emails and carrying out search operations among those is a tiring and hectic task.
Search Option Inbuilt in Office 365
Up to some extent, the OWA of Office 365 facilitates the investigators with a search option. To search for emails, Forensicators need to proceed with the following steps: –
- Login to the OWA’s Outlook panel and select the Search Mail and People option to search for required evidences.
- Outlook 365 also allows you to narrow down your search with the permissions of carrying out eDiscovery search in Office 365 Unread, To me, Flagged or even in All the available folders.
- Some advanced options inbuilt in Office 365 to make the Search operation more predictive and result oriented include the options that appear after the query is entered in the search panel such as Include messages from and Show these messages.
As per the views put forward by Microsoft Office developers, the AQS (Advanced Query Search) strategy also works for the search panel. AQS refines the search operation via writing of some structured expressions such as subject:Product License.
Although Microsoft Office developers have played their part well by providing a suitable search option, but forensic experts have been looking for a more robust and accurate search algorithm.
To perform eDiscovery search in Office 365, the forensic experts need an approach, say a tool that allows them to dig into the mailbox as well as allows them to present the carved evidences in suitable and appropriate formats in the courtroom.
Solution Devised Specially for the Forensic & eDiscovery Experts
An eDiscovery tool that has been specially devised for investigators to perform eDiscovery search in Office 365 and other web – based email mailboxes is MailXaminer. From head to toe, the software follows all the eDiscovery investigation guidelines and assures investigators with suitable approaches of presenting the evidence in the courtroom.
Peculiarities attained by the tool in Office 365 search operation: –
- Select the Office 365 section under the Web tab and provide the user account credentials.
- The software displays the the entire set of mailbox data available in the simultaneous Office 365 user mailbox.
- Now to perform eDiscovery search in Office 365, the investigator is required to move to the search pane available in the software.
- Some of the advance search mechanisms deployed in the tool are displayed in the below screenshot: –
- The eDiscovery based tool provides with the option of saving the search results obtained.
- The most helpful part of the tool that comes in use to the eDiscovery investigators for presenting the evidences in the courtroom is the Export feature.
- Various file formats supported by the software that can be accepted in the litigatory proceedings include: – PDF, Concordance and many more.
The eDisocvery search operation via MailXaminer ensures user friendly experience in addition to the dedicated and sophisticated algorithms that try to carve the presenet reasonable evidence from various angles.